The Hansen Scholarship Program is now accepting applications for the 2025 intake. High-achieving Year 12 students who want to change the world via their studies are encouraged to submit their ideas to the University of Melbourne.
Students from all throughout Australia who have achieved great academic success are eligible for the programme. Those who are chosen will get up to $4000 in addition to an allowance to help with living expenses.
The University of Melbourne, regarded as a global leader in education, teaching, and research excellence, is the top institution in Australia. It provides a wide variety of degree programmes in coursework and research.
Why enroll in classes at the University of Melbourne? World-class scientists choose to study and work in Melbourne. Graduate research programmes are offered by its graduate schools in the majority of important fields, allowing students to follow their passions and further their careers.
Application Deadline: 30 April 2024.
- University or Organization: University of Melbourne
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: Worth up to $108,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: Domestic
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Australia
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for an undergraduate degree program.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible to apply for the Hansen Scholarship, applicants must be enrolled in an Australian Year 12 or the International Baccalaureate and one of the following:
- Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident (including permanent humanitarian visa holders)
- Holder of a Temporary Protections Visa (Subclass 785) or Safe Haven Enterprise Visa (Subclass 790)
- Holder of a Bridging Visa as the result of an application for an Australian temporary or permanent protection visa
- From 2023 onwards, Hansen Scholars will be able to access the program’s full range of benefits when they continue into an honours degree at Melbourne immediately following their undergraduate degree, or if they choose to study a Diploma of Languages alongside their undergraduate degree.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To begin the application for graduate research courses and scholarships, click on “Start a submission“.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit all the following documents:
- Admission Requirements: To be eligible to apply for graduate research courses, applicants are normally required to have completed at least a four-year Australian Bachelor course or equivalent and achieved an overall average of greater than 75% in the relevant course. Applicants must check the entry requirements to study PhD at Melbourne.
- Language Requirement: All applicants must satisfy the University’s English language requirements to be eligible for a place.
The University of Melbourne will provide all the following:
- Applicants will receive an allowance throughout their three-year undergraduate degree and a one-year optional honours degree to support their living expenses.
- Applicants will also be awarded a one-time grant of up to $4000 for an approved development activity such as an international exchange or internship.
- Free accommodation at Little Hall residence: This is the only residential option covered by the scholarship.