If your study abroad plan is running into roadblocks, you need to look into the financial aid options provided by the University of Texas at Austin. During the school year 2023–2024, applications for the Khalid Alhilali Memorial Scholarship are now being accepted.
This grant is only available to foreign students who want to enrol in a bachelor’s degree programme at the University of Texas at Austin. To be qualified, all prospective students must make sure to write a statement stating that they have finished their past education in the Middle East. This award, worth a whopping $2,500, is supported by an endowment established by four sisters in memory of their late father Khalid Abdul Mehdi “Al” Alhilali.
The University of Texas at Austin (UT Austin, UT, or Texas) is a public research university located in Austin, Texas. It was established in 1883. It is the largest and most prestigious institution in the University of Texas System, and it ranks 38th among all national universities and 67th globally in the QS Global University Rankings.
Why pursue your education at the University of Texas in Austin? At the baccalaureate through doctoral and special professional educational levels, UT Austin offers exceptional and comprehensive educational options. The institution strives for excellence. The university also makes a contribution through research, creative endeavour, academic inquiry, and the creation and distribution of new information, all with the goal of transforming lives for the good of society.
Application Deadline: 5 pm, 1st August 2023.
- University or Organization: University of Texas at Austin
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $2,500
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Eligible Countries: International students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate-level study programmes offered at the University of Texas at Austin can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- The applicants must have undertaken their previous education in the Middle East.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students are required to submit an online admission application. All candidates for the scholarship award will be considered on the basis of the statement submitted by them.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to prepare a 500-words statement addressing the following:
- A short response describing their connection to the Middle East, and how this scholarship will contribute to their education.
- State goals, how this scholarship will help them achieve their goals, and describe the positive effect they wish to have on the world.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the entry requirements of the university, especially for the degree programme they want to join.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOELF IBT – 79
- IELTS – 6.5
The scholarship winners will be awarded a sum of $2,500 by the University of Texas at Austin to contribute to the cost of the undertaken undergraduate study.